Wade in the Water (Continued)

Wade in the Water Stage 3
You may wonder about my setup.
I have claimed a small room in my house
12x12 with an East facing bay window.
Next to the kitchen, I have access to running water and strong eastern morning light. As the day unfolds, I am working in half light. Natural light.

Sometimes, I take digital pictures as I go, loading them into Photo Shop, where I can test color and impose images, move things about, etc. This process allows me to archive my work and share it as it develops with patrons, galleries and this blog. The laptop is connected to a large screen TV nearby in the studio. This is my photo reference especially useful for seeing details when I paint portraits.


Gert's Studio

A painter is a distiller of time, extracting from impressions an essence that defines a slice of life. Selection/rejection, like a writer searching for an economy of words. Gert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biography

What I love about your picture is the Gestalt or Gertstalt (ala Steve)