Water Music

The feature piece in the necklace I just finished is hand carved, engraved and patinated poly clay, a remarkable and versatile material I am fascinated with.
You never know where your next idea will come from, and the inspiration from this piece came from the sports section of the Sunday news. A picture of a swimmer reminded me of a Gibson Girl with a vintage feel, and I worked it up into a cameo and wrapped it in copper. I love copper. It ages beautifully and like opal, takes on quality from its surroundings, so I would say it is receptive. And of course it is red (must be the Aries in me) sort of, and the most gorgeous mossy green and turquoise. It is malleable and lo tech. A gentle metal. What more could you ask?
Anyway I finished it and there it sat for several years until I picked it up once more last week, now destined for the collection of the lovely Miss Kacie Klein of Baltimore.
boat paintings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biography

What I love about your picture is the Gestalt or Gertstalt (ala Steve)